// //

A blog about beauty, science and general geekery.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

L.A. Colors Tea Time Eyeshadow Palette

Sorry for not posting for a while!  I just recently started working at lab for the summer and I've been trying to figure out how to manage my time.  Well, today I'm going to talk to you about this L.A. Colors eyeshadow palette, which in my opinion has a great selection of neutrals for an even better price.

I got this palette for around $2 at Pharmamax, since I had decided I needed more taupe eyeshadows in my life and I was thrilled that this one had so many.  Unfortunately only one of these, the 4th one, is a true taupe.  This palette actually includes a slightly coppery gold, a neutral champagne, a bronzed antique gold, a taupe and a sort of burgundy brown color.  I find that the colors in the picture with flash are more true to life than in the picture without.

With Flash
Without Flash

As you can see from the swatches, the first two shades are much more shimmery than the rest of the palette.  They're almost metallic, but they don't quite get there.  What I see when I wear them is sort of like a strong, diffused sheen...if that makes any sense.  The other three shades are more of a satin finish.

As for the formula, these eyeshadows are decently pigmented on their own, but I prefer to use them over a primer to bring out their true vibrancy.  They're very soft, they feel almost creamy--and they're also a bit powdery, which could cause fallout without primer.  Not the greatest but hey, $2 for 5 eyeshadows!  I find that when worn over a primer these don't give me any problem at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Makeupscience!, AllRightsReserved. Powered by Blogger.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena